7 Tips to Keep Your Home Organized After Moving
After you move into a new place you put away all of your belongings, everything has a specified location, and your home is elegant and organised. Majority of us love that neatly arranged home, and we would like to keep our homes tidy from that day forward.
An organised home is more comfortable to keep clean, it is easier to find the things you are looking for, and also the organisation in your home is the key to developing the organisation in all other areas of your life.
If you follow these simple tips, you will stand a much better chance of keeping your new home neat and organised.
- Make a habit of putting things back in their proper place. This sounds very simple, and actually, it is. If you want to keep your home neat tidy, then you are going to have to take the time and put things away correctly instead of just tossing stuff on a table or the couch. Organisational habits like this will be hard to develop, so you need to take the next 28 days and during those 28 days make sure you always put things away in their proper place. After this length of time, you will have developed a new organising habit!
- Do not allow clothing to sit in the dryer overnight. When you wash clothes, you need to make it a habit to dry them, fold them, and put them away on the same day. Do not toss clothes in the washer one evening, and then in the dryer the next morning, and then pile them in a clothes basket.
- Do not allow mail to gather on a table or desk. Each day when you bring in the mail, you need to open it, read it, file it appropriately, or toss it away.
- Create a basket or storage area for magazines, newspapers, and reading materials. Clean this basket out every week.
- Provide ample storage bins for children’s toys, shoes, your pet’s toys, and anything that might be regularly taken out and used.
- Get a dry erase board or a chalkboard that you can write down what items you run out of. If you learn to shop using a list, and do not deviate from your inventory while shopping, you will stop gathering more items than you need, so your cupboards and shelves can stay neat and organised. Another way to make yourself keep things to a minimum is to make yourself throw something away to introduce something new. In your closet allow only a certain number of clothing items. To add clothing, you will have to toss clothing.
- Set aside one day a month for deep cleaning so you can go through anything that seems to have gotten out of place. Make this a family cleaning day and get the entire family involved. This will shorten the amount of time that you have to spend cleaning and doing chores.
Optimove Brisbane removalists are friendly, experienced movers that offer fantastic value for money. We provide superb relocation services for all sized moves for all homes, units, apartments, or wherever you’re moving into with your friends. We communicate before, during and after the relocation so you always know what is happening and can relax completely. Our removal teams are the best in the business, and will confidently and efficiently move your possessions. You’ll be putting your feet up at your new place before you know it. We also give you a choice between hourly and set fees, so you don’t have to worry about a budget blow-out.